The Customer Buying Journey
- Where does the need stem from? What happened?
- What does it feel like to have the need you’re solving for? Does it make your anxious or insecure to not have your need fulfilled?
- Is it reinforced or affected by someone else, like a loved one or culture?
- What would be important attributes of the solution that really quench the need?
- Does the important attribute change based on different starting points, such as socioeconomic circumstances or community culture? Do you have multiple paths to map?
- Where you would be along the path to deciding on that solution? What about the provider of said solution? This doesn’t just mean as you actively work to find a solution, I mean in your daily life as it’s weighing on you in the background. Are you at work? Commuting? 2nd job? Picking kids up from daycare? Bar hopping? Stressing over finances? Marriage counseling?
This was going to be more of an advice list to marketers considering starting their own agency. Then I read James Clear’s year in review and I decided I liked his format better and it would sound less like I’m some sage that knows exactly what will happen to your...
The reality is everyone struggles, no one builds flawless operations or flawless products. Good work that makes a difference is hard, no matter who you are or where you came from.
Small Business Saturday is November 30th and it's about that time where everyone is looking for the best ideas for what to do to promote their business. I'll give you two: Think of the #1 question people ask about your product or service. If you can't think of...
My wife and I bought our first house and within the first week figured out all three exhaust fans in our bathrooms were really loud and really broken. I, not being the handiest, avoided dealing with it and left it on my honey do list for about a year and a half. ...
Too often we confuse Tools with Strategies. A good Strategy delivers the right information to customers to help them make the best buying decision for them. Tools are what you use to execute the Strategy.
Generalists thrive in change. Their variety of skills make them extremely adaptable to environments where what we value is fluid. Which in case you haven’t noticed is the environment we live in.